REGISTER AT BWHG.EVENTBRITE.COM
ABOUT THE GROUP
This group is focused on the shared experience and need for healing of women of African Descent due to:
- Role Burden (i.e having multiple obligations such as provider & caregiver)
- Chronic Stress
- Sexism (various forms of mistreatment based on gender/sex)
- Racism (psychological, social, financial, etc.)
- Negative Internalized Ideas of Self
- Social Pressures
- Increased Risk of Trauma (i.e sexual & physical abuse)
- Inter-generational and Historical Trauma
This group promotes healing on a mental, emotional, social and spiritual level. These healing discussions will also consider the presence of racism, oppression, inter-generational and historical trauma.
In this group, women will go through five weeks of shared support and healing.
5 Wednesdays at 7pm eastern Time (Lasts about 1.5 hours)
September 9, September 16, September 23rd, September 30th, October 7th
Via Zoom Conferencing
Participants will have the choice to join via phone or video. A one-time download may be required for video conferencing.
$99 for 5 Group Sessions
Free for Clients With A 30 or 60 Day Healing Package
Payment Plans and Limited Fee Waivers Available Upon Request
$20 For The First Group Only
WHAT PARTICIPANTS WILL RECEIVE FROM THIS GROUP
- Access to 5 Weekly Healing Group Sessions (see description below)
- Electronic Healing Handouts for Self Healing
- One Free Individual 30 Minute Empowerment Session with the Group Facilitator
- An Opportunity to Connect with Other Black Women on Their Healing Journey
ABOUT THE FACILITATOR
Rhonda is a Life Healing Specialist who has been transforming people’s lives for over seven years. She has been leading the Virtual Black Women’s Healing Group since 2017. Rhonda has spent the majority of her career helping Black women to heal and recognize their own inner power. Rhonda holds a B.A in Applied Psychology from N.C State University and a Master of Social Work from UNC Chapel Hill. She has offered groups in a variety of settings including homeless shelters, schools, community treatment teams and now through her own healing practice (Lion Heart Life Healing) created in 2015. She is also a spoken word artist and social activist who is passionate about bringing Freedom to people of African descent. Learn More About Rhonda
Summer/Fall 2020 Cycle Theme:
Creating A New Life
This group will focus on transforming your life on a psychological, emotional and social level.
- Group Healing Exercises
- Transformative Conversations
- Shared Support
- Valuable Information
- Tools for Healing
- September 9th
- What’s Getting In Your Way? This group will cover what may be blocking you from living the life you want to live considering both individual and social factors.
- September 16th
- Time for A Change This group will focus on how to make the type of changes that will impact your life for the better such as daily lifestyle changes, coping skills and boundary setting.
- September 23rd
- A New Attitude This group will focus on how to shift your emotions through mindset shifting. This group will also explore the role of anger in the healing process.
- September 30th
- What’s Love Got To Do With It? This group will focus on the role of relationships on your mental and emotional well being. This group will also address the role of self love in your healing journey.
- October 7th
- (Fall 9 Times) Get Up 10 This group will focus on how to recover from emotional and psychological set backs and how to maintain the improvements that you’ve made on your healing journey.
WHAT PARTICIPANTS HAVE SAID ABOUT THIS GROUP
(Responses collected from surveys, names are not included to respect client confidentiality)
“If someone is looking for a safe space to heal and feel free to express herself and grow this healing group is the place to be!”
-SUMMER 2020 GROUP MEMBER
“Attending this group has been life saving for my as I progress through my healing journey. Especially, as I confronted the very dark trauma in my life with my therapist that caused me to go into deep depression to the point I could not get out of bed. I looked forward to the weekly sessions which gave me the motivation to simply voice my concerns and story in a nonjudgmental environment. This group has been instrumental to my healing growth to actively work to resolve generational trauma in my personal family to simply live myself and little family better”
-SUMMER 2020 GROUP MEMBER
“This group was much needed !!! Joining in with my fellow sistas to share our journey was so helpful. I have done groups with other groups of people and this was the best. I felt like I got to know the women I am in group with as well as Rhonda. It was amazing and had me walking away always thinking !!!”
-Spring/Summer 2020 Group Member
“I think this is a great introduction to what healing work Is and feels like—this was and is SO needed in our community. It’s worth your investment.”
–Spring/Summer 2020 Group Member
“This is an opportunity I highly recommend to uplift your spirit and energy. It is so fulfilling to connect with like minded women to learn and express our deepest thoughts/experiences and find realistic coping techniques. As a black woman, we have many similar experiences within a structural racism system in America. Therefore, to have this outlet for mutual support was priceless and equipped me with essential tools to apply to not only to my life but for those around me💕”
-Spring 2020 Group Member
“This is an opportunity for personal growth through sharing experiences, listening to feedback, embracing sisterhood while becoming stronger in your own truth. I would highly encourage participation in this group, I came out stronger, wiser and more at peace.”
-Winter 2020 Group Member
“If you want to evolve  then this is the group to join”
-Fall 2019 Group Member
“I love this group and the fact that it’s small. I feel empowered each time it ends and look forward to every Wednesday.”
-Spring 2019 Group Member
“The groups continue to get better each season.”
-Summer 2019 Group Member
“The leader creates a safe space for transparency”
-Fall 2018 Cycle Group Member