Want To Help A Black Woman Attend This Group?
ABOUT THE GROUP
This group is focused on the shared experience and need for healing of women of African Descent due to:
- Role Burden (i.e having multiple obligations such as provider & caregiver)
- Chronic Stress
- Sexism (various forms of mistreatment based on gender/sex)
- Racism (psychological, social, financial, etc.)
- Negative Internalized Ideas of Self
- Social Pressures
- Increased Risk of Trauma (i.e sexual & physical abuse)
- Inter-generational and Historical Trauma
This group promotes healing on a mental, emotional, social and spiritual level. These healing discussions will also consider the presence of racism, oppression, inter-generational and historical trauma.
In this group, women will go through six weeks of shared support and healing.
6 Wednesdays at 7pm eastern Time (Lasts about 1.5 hours)
JANUARY 20th- FEBRUARY 24th, 2021
Via Zoom Conferencing
Participants will have the choice to join via phone or video. A one-time download may be required for video conferencing.
- $120 for 6 Group Sessions
Payment Plans and Limited Fee Waivers Available Upon Request
WHAT PARTICIPANTS WILL RECEIVE FROM THIS GROUP
- Access to 6 Weekly Healing Group Sessions which includes:
- Group Healing Exercises
- Transformative Conversations
- Shared Support
- Valuable Information
- Tools for Healing
- Electronic Healing Handouts for Self Healing
- One Free Individual 30 Minute Empowerment Session with the Group Facilitator
- Weekly Reminders and Follow Up
- An Opportunity to Connect with Other Black Women on Their Healing Journey
- Continued Access To Our Private Facebook Group
ABOUT THE FACILITATOR
Rhonda is the owner and Life Healing Specialist for Lion Heart Life Healing where she has been leading the Virtual Black Women’s Healing Group for three years in addition to providing individual healing sessions. Rhonda holds a Master’s degree in Social Work (with a clinical focus) from one of the top ten schools of Social Work (the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill) in addition to a B.A in Applied Psychology from North Carolina State University. For over seven years, Rhonda has been helping individuals overcome emotional and psychological battles. Going through her own healing journey, Rhonda has learned what it means to overcome one’s own internal battles and she uses this to encourage and empower her clients.
As a Life Healing Specialist, Rhonda incorporates a wealth of knowledge as well as life experience to provide her clients with the most effective method of transforming their lives. Rhonda is dedicated to helping individuals improve their lives by guiding them to discovering their own internal power. She is currently studying African-centered healing practices which she aims to eventually incorporate into her practice. Rhonda is known for her racial consciousness as she has studied systemic racism within and outside of the educational system. She uses this knowledge to help people of African descent understand and heal from the traumas of racism. Rhonda is an advocate for mental, physical and spiritual freedom which she promotes with her healing work as well as her spoken word and activism within social justice organizations and movements.
WINTER 2021 GROUP TOPICS
- JANUARY 20th- Trials & Tribulations- During this group, we will identify what you have been going through and what’s holding you back.
- JANUARY 27th- Troubles & Truth- During this group, we will identify the source of our troubles and how honesty is an essential part of the healing process
- FEBRUARY 3rd-Trauma & Testimony During this group we will be discussing trauma’s impact on our well being as well as how to deepen the healing process by acknowledging it.
- FEBRUARY 10th-Triggers & Toxicity During this group we will be identifying our triggers and how to deal with toxic people
- FEBRUARY 17th- Thoughts & Temperament During this group we will learn how our thoughts impact our emotional well being.
- FEBRUARY 24th- Triumph & Transformation During this group, we will review what we’ve learned in this group and identify how to bring it into our day to day life.
WHAT PARTICIPANTS HAVE SAID ABOUT THIS GROUP
(Responses collected from surveys, names are not included to respect client confidentiality)
was in a very bad place. This group really helped me to start the healing process and helped me to see myself in a different light. I love who I’m becoming and I’m stronger than I thought I was. Thank you for helping me.
-SUMMER/FALL 2020 GROUP MEMBER
“This group has really made feel like I have sisterhood for the first time…I get to feel like I’m not alone in all this trauma driven world we live in….I get to be unapologetically a black woman in this world that hates and abuses us. I can feel safe even just for a lil while”
-SUMMER/FALL 2020 GROUP MEMBER
“If someone is looking for a safe space to heal and feel free to express herself and grow this healing group is the place to be!”
-SUMMER 2020 GROUP MEMBER
“Attending this group has been life saving for my as I progress through my healing journey. Especially, as I confronted the very dark trauma in my life with my therapist that caused me to go into deep depression to the point I could not get out of bed. I looked forward to the weekly sessions which gave me the motivation to simply voice my concerns and story in a nonjudgmental environment. This group has been instrumental to my healing growth to actively work to resolve generational trauma in my personal family to simply live myself and little family better”
-SUMMER 2020 GROUP MEMBER
“This group was much needed !!! Joining in with my fellow sistas to share our journey was so helpful. I have done groups with other groups of people and this was the best. I felt like I got to know the women I am in group with as well as Rhonda. It was amazing and had me walking away always thinking !!!”
-Spring/Summer 2020 Group Member
“I think this is a great introduction to what healing work Is and feels like—this was and is SO needed in our community. It’s worth your investment.”
–Spring/Summer 2020 Group Member
“This is an opportunity I highly recommend to uplift your spirit and energy. It is so fulfilling to connect with like minded women to learn and express our deepest thoughts/experiences and find realistic coping techniques. As a black woman, we have many similar experiences within a structural racism system in America. Therefore, to have this outlet for mutual support was priceless and equipped me with essential tools to apply to not only to my life but for those around me💕”
-Spring 2020 Group Member
“This is an opportunity for personal growth through sharing experiences, listening to feedback, embracing sisterhood while becoming stronger in your own truth. I would highly encourage participation in this group, I came out stronger, wiser and more at peace.”
-Winter 2020 Group Member
“If you want to evolve  then this is the group to join”
-Fall 2019 Group Member
“I love this group and the fact that it’s small. I feel empowered each time it ends and look forward to every Wednesday.”
-Spring 2019 Group Member
“The groups continue to get better each season.”
-Summer 2019 Group Member
“The leader creates a safe space for transparency”
-Fall 2018 Cycle Group Member